There is just so much information when looking into special adventures at Walt Disney World. In the hopes of not overwhelming my blog post about Time to Book & Plan your Fun I decided to break this out into an additional post.
Bippy Boppy Boutique & The Pirate’s League both can be booked 180 days in advance. The Star Wars Jedi Training Academy at Hollywood Studios can only be booked for the day of by the a parent & CHILD being present when the gates open, sometimes as early at 7am. All of the special adventures are such great fun. There are other types of special adventures but these seem to be the big three for kids ages 3-12.
At the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, your little girl or boy will have their own Fairy Godmother-in-training who will give them a royal makeover at this beauty salon for children ages of 3 and 12. There are three different packages to choose from. (2016 pricing). There are two locations for boutique one in Cinderella’s Castle at the Magic Kingdom as well as at Disney Springs. We went with Disney Springs at 4pm. It worked well as our dinner reservation were also in Disney Springs.
- The Crown package ($59.95 + tax) includes hair styling, make-up with a face gem, nail polish, a princess sash and cinch backpack bag.
- The Courtyard package ($99.95 + tax) adds a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique T-shirt and tutu.
- The Castle package ($199.95 + tax) adds a princess costume of your girl’s choice and accessories (excluding shoes).
- A print photo package can be added to any of the packages for $32.95. If you opted for Disney’s Memory Maker, pictures taken during your girl’s transformation can be added to your account. Also with Memory Maker, you can take your daughter over to Castle Couture and have a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Studio photo session. There is no extra cost to have these pictures taken and added to your account.
- Assorted princess accessories and T-shirts are also available for purchase.
The amount of time needed for this magical transformation is 30-60 minutes, depending on the package and which of three hairstyle choices is selected. You will only be allowed to have two additional people in the Boutique with your child. For the Crown and Courtyard package you’re welcome to bring your own costume from home and will have a chance to put it on prior to getting the royal treatment. (Note the hairdo will last 1-3 days depending on care). I will say that the grandparents provided this for our daughter as a special gift and my mother-in-love scored big at the local consignment sale with a gently used Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique T-shirt, bag tutu and extra sash, which we took with us and she wore the next day in the park.
The Pirate’s League is for Captain Jack and his trusted mates are scouring the 7 seas in search of treasure—and new recruits! At The Pirates League, select a pirate style and receive a makeover and training from the League’s veteran pirates. Get a new name, learn some swashbuckling maneuvers and, after taking the official Pirate League Oath be prepared to march in the Parade of Pirates in Adventureland (Parade of Pirates is part of Walt Disney World® experience only).
The Pirates League at the Walt Disney World® Resort offers 4 packages:
- The First Mate and Empress Packages include Choice of facial effect (5 options)*, Reversible bandana, earring and eye patch, sword and sheath, The Pirates League bag, temporary tattoo, unique pirate coin necklace, personalized pirate oath, official pirate name and participation in a daily Adventureland Pirate Parade**
- The Empress package also includes vibrant makeup, nail polish and face gem!
Children must be at least 3-years-old to attend and adults are welcome as well. Packages begin at $29.95 and go to $74.95. (2016 pricing).
My daughter fell in love with the outdoor show of the Jedi Training Academy participants. We just so happen to have lunch next door at 50’s Prime Time Cafe and she spend her whole lunch time watching this 20 min show that starts with a new group every half hour. (P.S. the cafe serves the coolest cupcakes, and they have special to go boxes if you can’t finish it, just ask)
Younglings who wish to participate in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple must register before the show.
- You must be between 4 and 12 years of age to participate.
- Please register at the Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost located between the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! and the 50’s Prime Time Café.
- Registration begins when Disney’s Hollywood Studios opens for the day.
- All participants must be present at the time of registration.
- Availability is limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Choose any of these special things to enhance your Disney experience or choose to pass, totally optional.
Additional blog posts and more coming soon…
Part 1: Research & Booking
Part 2: Time to Plan & Book your Fun
Part 3: Time to Shop
Part 4: Packing & Hunting
Part 5: Here We GO!
Part 6: Playing in the Park
Part 7: Memories & Lessons Learned